I just have to write down what just happened so that I don't forget. I love these little moments when Jackson shows me how his mind is constantly absorbing and learning!
I was folding laundry and Jackson picked up a dryer sheet and held it up to show me what he'd found. I said, "Oh, that's trash. But you can put it in the basket." He often puts things in the laundry basket, so I thought he'd understand that. About a minute later I hear a sound and am wondering what he's up to. I go to the kitchen and he's closing the cabinet door. He turns around and looks at me with a big smile on his face, and I realize what he's just done. He opened the cabinet, pulled up the trashcan lid, and put the dryer sheet in the trash can! I've never "taught" him trash or trashcan. He's just seen me do it hundreds of times. Times like these make me smile so big. We did a little celebration dance in the kitchen!
9 years ago
1 comment:
that is so wonderful!
Post a Comment