Saturday, March 22, 2008

Snow: Take 2

Fallen snow has covered our village once again. Yesterday, we had several snow showers, but the temperature wasn't low enough for it to stick until last night. We woke up this wonderful Saturday morning before Resurrection Sunday to snow-covered roof tops and fields. Jason and I couldn't wait to go outside and give Jackson a second chance at the snow...but this time with mom AND dad! We had a wonderful breakfast (that's important), bundled up, and then set off to enjoy the snow. Here's a shot of Jackson, refusing to wear his hat, and Jace in our backyard:

We climbed to the top of our street, which is VERY steep, to enjoy the view. This is the only shot I got with Jackson who was very much being a daddy's boy today:

Jackson was asking for food, so we headed back to our house and got one family photo:

Jason tried to get Jackson to walk in the snow or to play with it. He stepped in it once and then decided he didn't like it (either the feel or the sound). Jason made a snowball and Jackson signed and said, "Baaall." He touched it once, in the next photo, but that was enough for him:

Jason tried to pick a snowball fight with me. I definitely won, but he tried to blame it on the fact that I could use both hands! When we had just moved to Italy in October 2001, we got a lot of snow. Jason and I walked through the town and found a huge snow-covered soccer field. We thought it sounded like fun to build a snowman, so we did. I've wanted to do that again and today was the perfect day. We put Jackson outside in his highchair with some food while we quickly built the snowman, or should I say...snowwoman. Here she is:

In honor of Easter, we gave her two Easter baskets and an Easter hat. Since our Christmas tree is STILL on our back porch, we gave her Christmas tree arms. And in this house you either have to love food or love to cook (or both), so we gave her an apron! She's quite a festive little snowwoman who definitely needs to work on her waist and hips!

We hope you all have a wonderful weekend praising God for His grace to us and His power to raise His one and only Son from the dead! We love you!

"...we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection." Romans 6:4-5



I just had a thought and wanted to add it to this post. When we think of Easter (or Resurrection Sunday), we think of spring flowers, sunny skies and pastel colors. We definitely don't think of snow. But isn't He wonderful to give me a visual reminder of what He's done in my heart?! Because of Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead, my sins are no longer like scarlet; they are white as snow!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that she has Christmas Tree arms. It made me laugh out loud. Happy Easter Exum Family!

stephanie said...

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well!