Thursday, March 13, 2008

Soccer Ball and Stacking Cups

Tonight, we had another reason to do a little celebration dance. Jackson kicked his first ball! Jason was kicking Jackson's little Nerf soccer ball in the kitchen while I was cooking and Jackson was eating pecans. Jackson walked over to the ball and kicked it without any prompting. (And to think that I think I need to "teach" him stuff...he picks it up all on his own and it's much more meaningful.) Jason was very excited that the first ball Jackson ever kicked was a soccer ball. He switched back and forth between kicking it and throwing it several more times. It was so much fun! I got a few pictures of his later kicks:





Just this past week, Jackson has decided that stacking things is not so bad after all. He has some stacking cups that have been one of his favorite toys. He used to love pulling them all out (once I had stacked them) or knocking them down after I had stacked them upside down and into a tower. I tried getting him to stack them inside of each other, but he would not have it. He couldn't stand for two cups to be stacked together, much less all twelve of them. I gave up trying and decided that he would stack when he was ready to stack. Well, last week, he started stacking cups out of "his" kitchen cabinet, which is full of Tupperware, plastic cups and bowls, spoons, Popsicle molds, etc. Here's a photo of him and Jason stacking his "stacking" cups:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to see him everyday. He is getting too big.
Mother

Poet, Musician, and Coffee Pot Master said...

I love the silver pants. Always have, always will, and he will always wear them. That's what makes them so special. Oh yeah, and the sexy man "house" shoes. Grrrrrr...