Well, I'll give the short version first for those who care nothing about details. We had a trip planned to Houston for four weeks for me and Jackson and three weeks for Jason. (He was meeting us one week later.) Due to Hurricane Ike, Jackson and I did not leave last Friday on our flight that was eventually canceled anyway. We switched our tickets to Tuesday, the 16th. Since no on in our family had power and things were still a little crazy in Houston, we decided to change our tickets again for Thursday, the 18th. Only this time, Jason was going to fly with us. The airline was willing to change his ticket from Friday to Thursday at no additional charge. This was better for us since we could all fly together, rest from our weekend of toddlers, and avoid the power situation in Houston. Well, we got a call Wednesday evening that the wedding we were all in on Saturday had been postponed. We immediately called the airline and by nothing other than the hand of God, they were willing to give us a credit for our tickets to use at a later time. Bottom line, we are not coming to Houston.
At the moment, I am too exhausted to explain details. I really need to sleep...for the benefit of my entire family. I will continue this post tomorrow because I am sure that it doesn't make a lot of sense as to why we didn't just choose to come home anyway. There is a reason behind the never-ending change of plans!
9 years ago
3 comments:
Adrienne, I'm so sorry you wont be coming home. I'm sure you miss your family and they miss you. Hang in there! Life will eventually be normal again.
I know you must be disappointed, but at the same time relieved that the airline was so generous. I do want to hear the rest of the story.
Uggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
I'm SO SORRY about your cancelled trip!! I'm sure you're extremely frustrated and I can't even IMAGINE how Jessica is feeling right now!!
I STILL look forward to seeing you guys - eventually!
Love you!
Post a Comment