Jace, here's to you!
(in no special order)
1. You love Jesus Christ!
2. You are so patient with me and allow me the freedom to make so many mistakes.
3. You'll gratefully eat eggs and toast for dinner.
4. You love our little boy so unselfishly and so abundantly.
5. You are still a kid inside and you love kid things - bubble gum, Haribo candies, animated movies, video games, go-karting, etc.
6. You don't care if I'm still in my pajamas when you get home from work!
7. You mow our entire lawn while holding Jackson. Now that is patience and unselfishness at it's finest.
8. You worked at a fireworks stand to pay cash for my wedding ring.
9. You warm Jackson's jammies with the hairdryer to take away the cold sting.
10. You work so hard at your job and you take care of the people you manage.
11. You support me in my role as a homemaker and provide for us so abundantly so that I can stay home.
12. You love to travel and you trust me to carry the map.
13. You are a great planner, but you can be spontaneous (Noordwijk Beach...one of your greatest non-planned ideas!).
14. You drive a 1999 Toyota Avensis, which had no AC this summer, instead of a Mini Cooper S or a BMW.
15. You want to buy souvenirs wherever we go.
16. You are the GREATEST dad ever!
17. You are a servant leader.
18. You pace when you talk on the phone.
19. When making a big purchase, you research and research and research and research.
20. You love my family and they adore you.
21. You dream BIG.
22. You let Jackson throw all of the balls down the stairs and then you go retrieve them...again and again and again.
23. You respect the people who work for you and you never humiliate them or reprimand them in public.
24. You love the unlovables and the hopeless wrecks.
25. You pray for me, Jackson, and our family every single night.
26. You have really great taste - in clothes and in home furnishings.
27. You love fantasy football and could talk about it for hours and hours.
28. You like to stay up late and sleep in late.
29. You ride bikes with me even though you are a runner.
30. You have a Calvin Klein tightie whities butt! (Sorry if that's TMI...it's just the truth and I mean it in the most tasteful way!)
31. You don't like anything being left in the cars - no trash, cups, papers, bags...
32. Your threshold for cleanliness in the home is much higher than mind, which means that you add no additional pressure.
33. You read all seven Harry Potter books and have seen all of the movies. You got my brother and both of our moms addicted to them as well.
34. You didn't get mad at me whenever I wrecked our Passat on our 4th anniversary.
35. You have to iron everything, including t-shirts and jeans, although parenthood is helping you loosen up.
36. You are affectionate. You aren't embarrassed to hold hands or to hug in public and you love and kiss on our little boy a lot.
37. You like to shop. Yes, you like to shop!
38. Deep down, you are competitive...even though you try hard not to be.
39. You are a gifted athelete. You are quick and fast. Your strength to weight ratio is pretty amazing. I loved watching you at SOS.
40. You went to childbirth education classes for 12 weeks and read books on pregnancy and labor to be my best labor coach. I couldn't have done it without you.
41. You have a lot of common sense.
42. You help me to stay balanced with so many things in life - parenting, eating, cleaning, bettering myself.
43. You care about your health and want to stay fit.
44. You support me in all of my health promoting endeavors.
45. You love to ski and introduced it to me. Now, it's my favorite thing to do.
46. You love your dad and have many fond memories of him. You miss him terribly.
47. You do not like to make mistakes.
48. You are concerned about our future and you are doing all you can to invest in it.
49. The dimple on your right cheek.
50. You love me and Jackson more than your career and were willing to change it so that we could all be together.
51. Family is super important to you.
52. You are looking for a new job and I'm not even worried.
53. You are meticulous, which brings to mind a very funny memory...and I quote you, "Do you know the meaning of meticulous?!"
54. You send me on scavenger hunts with great surprises at the end.

55. You allow me to coordinate our clothes for pictures or occasions.
56. You asked Jesus into your heart at a soccer camp when you were 10. He called you early and saved you from a lot of terrible things.
57. You buy feminine products for me. Not all men will do that!
58. You like to wear running shoes and don't care for flip-flops because you like to be prepared for the unexpected.
59. You taught me how to throw a football and have convinced me that I'm not that bad at it.
60. You eat leftovers, willingly.
61. You like to watch football with me.
62. You want me to homeschool our child(ren) as much as I do and you think I'll be great at it.
63. You love to give gifts with a lot of meaning.
64. You have a hat fettish, a shoe fettish, and a coat fettish.
65. You are not happy when your clothes get dirty and we're out.
66. You read the Bible to Jackson every night and you are very fun to listen to.
67. Your love for Jesus was so contagious that it encouraged me to know Him more.
68. You sat in the driver's seat while I pushed the Jeep out of the mud with Ronald and Davey. What a great memory of that mud kicking off of the tires and onto my face.
69. You now eat onions in things as long as they are super cooked.
70. You give me freedom in the kitchen to try new things and you NEVER complain.
71. You are so much fun!
72. You like to make sure that I'm safe and comfortable - warm jackets, shoes for cold weather, blankets in the car in case I break down, reflective belts, bicycle helmet...just to name a few.
73. You think before you speak.
74. When we were engaged, you told me that yelling would not be a way of communicating in our family. We work very hard to make that a reality.
75. You carve a great pumpkin. I can't wait until this year.
76. You introduced me to Stephen Curtis Chapman's music.
77. You love teenagers and know how to communicate with them really well.
78. You love my brother and you have a very special relationship with him.



79. You watch romantic movies with me and you actually enjoy them.
80. You carry the 5 gallon water jugs upstairs for me even though I can do it.
81. You make a big deal out of anniversaries and birthdays and you never forget.
82. You are very compassionate toward people and value their feelings.
83. You are driven and you work very hard to achieve your goals.
84. You have this thing where you tuck up your shirt when it hangs long. It's your own unique mannerism and I love it.
85. You support my love for UT football even though you are a Baylor Bear.

86. You are honest (even when you have to retell something because you got one fact wrong).
87. You rarely throw stuff away.
88. You know how much I love to dance. You bought me ballroom dancing lessons.
89. You cut the fat off of the raw chicken so that I don't have to touch it.
90. You let me make seven cakes for Jackson's first birthday. (For those who don't know, there is a very long story behind this.)
91. You lead our family.
92. You are a great listener. You let me talk A LOT.
93. You make me feel safe and secure.
94. You are so merciful and tender.
95. You got your Master's degree while working full time and supporting me through my Bachelor's degree. We both graduated two weeks after Jackson was born. What a ride!
96. You love your parents, brother and sisters.
97. You are an individual and are not afraid of doing something that goes against the grain.
98. You are an encourager.
99. You are super cool.

100. You have been my husband for almost 10 years and you are without a doubt the greatest man that I could ever share my life with.
Happy Birthday, Baby! I hope the cake is delicious. I hope the day is great. You are mine and there is no other!

7 comments:
That is so sweet! I love the scavenger hunt part :)
Happy Birthday Jason.
I love being your mother-in-law. It is the greatest. You are a very special man and I love you for having a heart for the Lord and loving my daughter so very much and now my precious grandson.
Isn't it amazing how the time has flown by since October 1, 1975 16 years of School, joining the Air Force and 10 years of marriage and becoming a father. 33 years of becoming the man that God intended you to be and you will continue to grow as His will for your life unfolds before you. Never walking through it alone because Jesus is always right by your side, along with Adrienne, Jackson and all of the rest of your family, that love and respect you so very much.
Have a wonderful day and my hug is coming around the world to you.
Love you so much,
Mom
That was precious! What a blessing for Jason! I am so happy for the two of you, and hope we can hook up in Houston some time!
Oh! AMAZING!!! I've always thought Jason was too good to be true, and now you've confirmed it! Seriously! I think he's a wonderful person with a HUGE heart and I always have felt that way from the moment I met him at Camp Met in 1996! You two are so sweet and complimentary to each other. Wish we lived closer so our families could "play" together. We love you guys and miss you! Happy Birthday Jason! Welcome to the 30 club!
Happy 100th post!!! What a fun way to celebrate!!! :)
how sweet!
oh oh oh I want to comment too!!!
Jason you are one sexy beast! And I would just like to say I finished Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows yesterday pumping out 300 hundred pages before work to complete the addiction known as Harry Potter that you helped start just one year ago. It was amazing and I cried like 6 times. I know i'm a big girl.
Anywho... love you man can't wait to have you home so we can hang out and take more super awesome pictures (The one from Vail really is amazing).
Love you guys,
Ronald
Post a Comment