There are a lot of things I love to do. There are a lot of things I would love to do, but I just can't do them all. Scrapbooking is one of those things I would like to do but just can't let go of other things in order to fit it in my day. Digital scrapbooking is actually the thing I would love to do. My blog has become my substitute.
The other night, I thought, "If something happened to my blog, I would grieve for months. I would be devastated." I figure I should back it up somehow. The only way I know to do that is by copying it and then pasting into something like Word. As I was flipping through a catalog sent by the company that printed our Christmas cards, I had an idea. How about making my blog into an album?! I once made a book for Jackson through Snapfish and I love it. The cover is hard and puffy and the pages look great. I can do the same thing through the printing lab I use. Sure, I'll have to make the pages myself, but they don't have to be super fancy. I just don't want to lose the memories. I could have yearly volumes for my family. Sounds fun to me!
I'd love to know how you back-up your blog. Likewise, I'd love to know if you have a great idea for turning your blog into a scrapbook of sorts.
9 years ago
6 comments:
I've never done this, but I've seen other blogs who made books using blurb.com, and it seems like a pretty easy process.
I haven't tried this yet, but I understand that you can "publish" your blog...try checking out http://blog2print.sharedbook.com. I don't scrapbook, so my blog is definitely my substitute! Snapfish/Shutterfly books are great too...I am making a book for each year this way. :) Hope this helps!
I too have been wondering how to backup my Blog, but haven't gotten around to doing anything. You might check out the site http://blog2print.com. You can have your Blog printed as a book or get PDF.
hey...there is actually a company that you can upload your blog to and it will make a book for you. My sister-in-law told me about it. I have thought about doing that many times. I will ask her about it and let you know.
I too have heard of blurb.com and sharedbook.com, although I've never personally tried them.
A quick google search brought me to this woman's blog post about blurb - she posted pictures of the final product (looks like it turned out fairly well!), and tips for creating one: http://tigejuliehazleton.blogspot.com/2009/02/print-your-blog-into-book.html
Some others i found (again, with google search...so, no personal testimonies...):
https://www.scrapbookblogger.com/
http://www.lulu.com/ - after quickly perusing their site I didn't see a quick and easy way to "dump" your blog into a book, like the other sites, but it does look like a high quality product.
If I were choosing one, at first instinct I'd go with sharedbook - it seems to be the easiest to use, very professional and appears to be a high quality product.
Let us know what you end up going with and how it turns out! Good luck! :)
Thanks everyone for the great ideas and advice!! I have been looking at all of the sites mentioned and so far blurb.com appears to be the best fit for me. I will continue researching. Thanks!!!!
Post a Comment