Thursday, January 7, 2010

December: A Big Month

Do I sound like a broken record when I say, "I'm TERRIBLE at blogging!" I hate myself for being so bad at this. There are so many things I want to journal about my kids and my family, but there is never time to sit down and do it (without losing sleep that I already don't get). In the next week, I'm going to attempt to catch myself up on all that happened last month. Not that the holidays aren't busy enough, but we decided to spend 3+ weeks away from home. We got back Monday afternoon and I'm still unpacking suitcases and presents!!

Last month was huge for Allison. She changed so much and so quickly. First, she found her hands. I love watching her look at her hands. Jackson was never as fascinated as she is. In fact, I never remember him looking at his hands in awe of them.

Aren't they a sight to behold!


While we were in Colorado, she rolled from her back to her side in the Gap Outlet dressing room and then from her tummy to her back later that night. I don't have any photos of that day, but here are some that we took about a week later.

Fascinated with Grammie's tree (and I just LOVE Jackson's sweet smile):

Rolling from her back to her tummy in the middle of a diaper change (it was one of those wonderful diaper changes that results in a whole outfit change:)). I love those buns!


Right after she started rolling over, she found her feet and fell in love with them. I don't have a photo of her holding her tootsies. I guess I'll have to take one.

The day before New Year's Eve, we were enjoying a relaxing morning at my parents house. The four of us and my dad were playing on their extremely cushiony family room floor. I decided to see if she could sit without falling over.

What do you know?!

And now, we're thinking she's a pro!

I guess I'll have to start strapping her in:

Can't wait to post more! Wishing I was a better blogger like many of you out there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you blogging again. I know that you are happy to be home and hopefully you will get some rest. Tell Allison that Grammie took her tree down. It was sagging so bad that I could hardly find all the ornaments. Next year she will be walking to the tree and pulling the lights off..... Jackson, I am so glad that you were able to get a new Mack and also a remote control Red. I can't wait to play with you.......
Love Grammie