Have you seen the movie Julie and Julia? Oh my goodness! I LOVE that movie. I feel so at home watching it. I feel like I can totally identify. I feel like I'm in heaven watching them make all of those meals. I LOVE to cook. I LOVE to eat good food. I LOVE using my Le Creuset (one of the best purchases we made while living in Europe). Julia even uses the flame (colored) dutch oven. I have the exact same one!
Tonight, I didn't make a French meal, but I still felt a little like Julia. I cook like this all the time, so I'm not sure why I felt this way tonight. Perhaps it was because I was cooking in a clean kitchen. Or maybe it was the smell of the fresh parsley and the chopped parsnip. It could also be that the kitchen was quiet. I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE little kitchen helpers, but every once in a while it's nice to make something on my own.
I made Goulash. I got the recipe from Williams Sonoma, where I get many recipes, and we all loved it...including Jackson. When I went to copy the photo for the blog, I noticed that I forgot the sour cream. Man! I love sour cream. It would have been great. I did make buttermilk cornbread at the last minute to serve alongside it. Not a traditional pairing, but it was so good.
9 years ago

1 comment:
Yes, you are definitely a Julie and Julia movie girl...oh, I wish I lived close to have some yummy Adrienne food!! You spoiled me in Germany! Miss you all!
Post a Comment