Saturday, January 8, 2011

Allison's 1st Haircut

My sweet little girl has baby fine blonde hair that she refuses to dress up with a bow. I put the bow in and she rips it out, with hair attached, in a matter of seconds, looking at me as if to say, "Don't put those ridiculous things in my hair. I won't wear them." Her hair was getting longer, misshapen, and in her eyes, so I decided that it was time for a little haircut.

The week of Christmas, we were out ice skating and Jackson really wanted his haircut. We took him to get his cut, happened to have the cameras with us since we'd been ice skating, and decided to have Alli's cut too. I usually plan for little events like this, like making sure she has a cute outfit on, but I'm realizing that those things don't matter, life is too short, and it makes things too difficult. All four of us were together AND we had the cameras. Perfect!!

It was December 21st and our little pro led the way. He is a hair stylist's dream child...perfectly still, does exactly as he's told, and LOVES to have his hair dried! The lady cutting his hair had just had a bad knee accident and could barely move. We assured her that he would be perfectly still and he did an excellent job for her. Way to go, Jacks!

Little Allison does not like being messed with. She's a mover too...always on the go. Her first cut went well...

and so did her second...

but then we lost her! I love this child! Every day she makes me feel more and more like a real parent. :-))

"Daddy, rescue me from these women!"

Our hair stylist saved the day with a Dum Dum!

Oh, how she loves Dum Dums!

I was so proud of him because we were on the other side of the room and he did great without us.

Sharing with Momma!

Yum, yum Dum Dum! Thanks, Alli!



Sharing again...

and again!

Shaping up the back:


All Done!

We made through the first hair cut! Yay for Allison!! And Yay for my man on those pictures.

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Sauer Family said...

i love it! i was so shocked to see the post on facebook because you hadn't even told me! We seriously need a catch up day/night convo. Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

The Zkiabs said...

so far alison has given me glimpses of what we have in store about 6 mos from now...thanks for helping me to prepare...you children are adorable!

Benita said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 12 years. It seems like yesterday, the two of you going off on your honeymoon in the Jeep. Then taking off for New Mexico and being so far away for the first time. Of course since then, that was close.

Yea Allison....Grammy loves Dum Dum's too, so I will have to make sure I have them when you come for your next visit, or bring them when Grammy comes to see you. I love your haircut.

Jackson, you are growing up too fast and Grammy is so proud of you for getting your hair cut by yourself and letting mommy & daddy be with Allison. Next time maybe you can hold her hand and tell her how you love getting your hair cut so she will not move around.