Saturday, January 1, 2011

Memory Verse 1 of 24 in 2011

Happy New Year 2011!! I can't believe it's the year two-thousand and eleven! I remember when the 2000's seemed so futuristic and now we're living in them. Our family experienced a lot of change in 2010 and I have no doubt that we're in store for a lot more in 2011. I know that we'll be moving again in June, and that in and of itself always brings a lot of change. I don't know how the days ahead will unfold, but there is One Who does know what each second of 2011 will bring to the lives of the Exums.

More than anything, my hope for this year is to cling to the Lord and to stay close to His Word every day. He is the answer. He is our hope. He is our peace. He is the One Who gets me through the unknown. He is the One Who loves me in spite of my unloveliness. He is the One Who orders my steps and directs my heart. He is the One Who knows my children and what they need from me as their God-selected mother. He is the One Who helps me serve my family when my heart is selfish and my body is tired. He is the One Who enables me to be the best helpmate to my husband. He is the voice speaking truth. He is the giver of life and deserving of all honor, praise and glory.

There is one thing that He taught me in 2010 that I hope to apply in 2011. Being in His Word and writing His Words on my heart are critical to knowing Him and seeing Him in everything around me. Of course, I have known this to be true for a long time, but He made it even clearer to me this year; therefore, I am committing, along with thousands of others, to memorize two verses every month. And I'm not the only Exum doing this. Jason and Jackson are going to join me! We're each going to memorize our own set of 24 verses. I'm so excited! There is nothing better that we can do than to write His Word on our hearts!

I joined Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) in October and it has probably been the greatest blessing of the year to me. We are studying Isaiah and through my homework for this week, I found the first verse that I would like to memorize. Are you ready? Here it is:

"Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him."
Isaiah 30:18 NKJV

Jason's first verse is:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."
Romans 12:1 NKJV

Jackson's first verse is:

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."
Psalm 56:3 NKJV

I'm thrilled for 2011 and all that the Lord will do in my heart this year. I pray that He does a lot of refining because I don't want to remain the same year after year. I want to be more and more like Him!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Leigh Ehrhardt said...

Hi Adrienne,

I too am memorizing with LPM this year. My first verse is also from Isaiah-Isaiah 33:2. And, I too, discovered my verse via the BSF study. I have been in BSF for over 10 years and God has used it in my life in a big way. So glad you are involved.

I enjoy reading your blog and am blessed to read how you are raising your children. While it is hard for me to believe that my Katie and you and others are all grown up (I still see y'all as Silvies, I think)it is a blessing to see how you have all grown into such beautiful mature Christian women.

May God bless you and your precious family this year.

Sincerely,

Leigh Ehrhardt
(Katie Ehrhardt Curry's Mom)