Being totally honest, the 15th crept upon me and I hadn't picked out a new memory verse. It's taken me since the 15th to decide on one! I really want my verses to speak about what I feel God is working on within me. Trusting Him is always something I want to be better about with each passing day; but, pouring out my heart to Him is something I believe He wants from me right now in my life. He wants it always, but I believe He is really driving it home with me right now. It seems that everywhere I go or everything I read speaks to me of crying out to Him. I'm so glad He loves to hear my cries and that He is faithful to answer!
Adrienne:
"Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:8
Jackson:
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God has given you."
Exodus 20:12
Jason:
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
Romans 12:2
3 comments:
Trusting in God at all times.Honoring your mother and father. Renewing your mind to the perfect will of God. Three parts of God's word for Adrienne, Jackson and Jason. I am so proud of each one of you. God's blessings to your family. I know each one of you are giving a little Grace from God to Ali for memorizing those verses. That's why it's called Family.
Love y'all
Daddy
Isn't it amazing how God puts things on our heart that will honor and give Him glory. Memorizing His word and teaching your children to do the same. This gives Him such great joy. What peace Jackson will be able to have when he is struggling. All he has to do is remember God's word that has been etched in his mind and heart.
All of my grandchildren are so blessed to have such wonderful parents. They are being raised in Christian homes that honor the Lord, and they are learning all about Jesus. Love you,Mother
Psalm 62:5-8 is my favorite passage, and here's why: When we were newly married, Wes started journaling at my encouragement. I was a little underwhelmed with our "oneness" as newlyweds and did the unthinkable one day - I read his journal. The entry I read that stopped me in my tracks was Wes's reflection on this passage. He talked about how he wanted for me to depend on the Lord for all things instead of putting too much faith in him (Wes). It was a valuable lesson in our early days, and I trust it will remain true throughout our marriage. I'm so glad God has spoken His truth into our lives.
Post a Comment