Allison got that nickname from Jackson. Happy Bear is what he likes to call her. Why? Because for the most part, she's always happy and content. She's been in the flesh with us for seven months now and we can't imagine life without her.
At seven months, Allison's biting all of us with just two bottom teeth. She didn't handle the entrance of those teeth very well, but those days are behind us; although, there are more that are sure to come. This past month, her body healed itself of two simultaneous ear infections, she began pulling up on things, she figured out how to propel her body forward from sitting to being on all fours, and she learned to sit herself up after being flat on her belly (the latter occurring at 7 months and 1 day old).
This girl knows how to get what she wants and she makes sure her voice is heard loud and clear. With Jackson as her older brother, she's had an excellent teacher. Her mimicking sounds bring delight to all of our ears.
Separation anxiety has begun and Momma's arms are home base for our girl. I won't deny that it can be inconvenient or tiresome at times, but I would not trade it for anything. It won't be long and she'll feel secure running away from me, so I'll take this time, cherish it, and make sure she knows that I'm always here.
19 February, the day she first pulled up:
She loves to pull up on anything within reach. She has yet to figure out how to walk her legs forward, so I usually find her standing at about a 30 degree angle. It's so funny!
Alli loves sitting and playing with toys. I've even moved blankets into the kitchen so that she can sit near me and play while I cook. I "wear" her many times when I'm cooking, but she's a grabber and it isn't always safe.
One of her favorite things to do - sit and play with her basket of toys:
Holding one of her favorite toys:
Mothering Allison is one of the greatest blessings of my life!
9 years ago



1 comment:
It is so hard to believe that she is 7 months old. You are so right about turning around and they will be grown. It happens way to fast. So cherish every moment, even when your patience runs short. I so miss those days when all of you were playing school in the game room, dancing & filming each other, dressing up and putting on plays for our anniversary, swimming in the pool and riding on your dad's back.....so many wonderful memories that I have as your mother.
Grammie loves you Allison, please don't grow up too fast......
Post a Comment