Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby's Food and Her Love for Standing

Every day brings fun new changes with Allison. We've been experimenting with food and it's been fun to watch her expressions as she tries new things. So far, she's had bananas, sweet potato, carrots, avocado, baked potato, apples, and some licks of a homemade popsicle. She doesn't seem to like anything when it's pureed. Whenever we spoon feed her, she might swallow a bite or two, but she's much more interested in holding the spoon herself. Right now, she wants everything in chunks that she can feed herself. At dinnertime, she loves sitting in her highchair with food in front of her. She gets so excited whenever I put food on her tray. I think it makes her feel a part of our table and like such a big girl! Here she is eating an apple:



Jackson loved eating apples this way too.

Tuesday morning, I sat Allison beside her crib while I was getting laundry. When I got back to my bedroom, this is how I found her:

She's pulling up on anything within reach - chairs, stools, people, toys, cribs, etc. The girl loves to stand up ( I should take more photos of her pulling up on things); however, she hasn't mastered getting back down and often finds herself "stuck". Jackson came in and saw her. Here he is giving his "Happy Bear" a big hug and telling her she's such a big girl. Isn't he precious?!

These two bring me so much joy every day. I can't imagine not being at home and sharing all of this change with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl. I need to come to Oklahoma!!!

Jackson, you are such a great big brother. Allison is so blessed to have you. Just think of all the things you can teach her. I know that you will always take great care of her. She loves you so much.

Cherish every moment, because you can blink and it has passed. Being home with your children is the greatest thing ever....