This week was a busy one. I have been trying to blog but haven't been able to because of other responsibilities tugging at me. Here are some random happenings from our week.
I woke up this morning and saw snow on the ground. It's 20 March! (This is our neighbor's house. I leaned out the front door for this photo.)
Tuesday, we went to the library and got tons of books. We've been reading them all week long.
We delivered fliers all day Wednesday for my childbirth classes. I recently completed the first part of the certification process for teaching The Bradley Method®. For the next part, I have to teach two class series and then take a final exam. My first class starts 6 April, and I had two couples sign up this week! Eight couples is the max I can take.
Jackson had his first experience with the ice cream man. We drove up to the park on a sunny Wednesday afternoon. As soon as we got out of the car, I heard the familiar song. It brought me back to my childhood, and in a flash, I got off the phone, found some money, got Jackson and Allison out of the car, and waved down the van. The man was nice enough to let me explain all of the choices to my very indecisive toddler. It was so much fun! And would you believe that he wanted to know the make and model of the van before choosing his ice cream! (No photo to document this important event - sniff, sniff.)
Allison wore shoes on Friday thanks to my sister's package. She loved them! She gets to wear all of Madalyn's clothes and shoes. It's a huge blessing.
Jackson talked to Dawson (his cousin) on the phone yesterday. Their adult-like conversation was so precious. At one point, this is what I heard from Jackson, "Dawson? I'm going to have to call you back whenever Allison stops crying. Would that be fine with you? Dawson? Would that be fine with you?"
Jackson built a DVD "train" on our fireplace brick.
Jackson, Allison and I drove past the house we lived in when Jackson was born. I now understand the joy of going to all of the places you've lived in the past. I was teary-eyed looking at our house - they painted it - and the park we used to run/walk around before we had kids, walk around while I was pregnant, and then stroll around when Jackson was an infant. It looked beautiful. They added a playground. I miss living there...or I miss that phase of life.
I made my bed eleven days in a row. If it weren't for yesterday, it'd be twelve and growing.
We took Jason's Deli to Jason at work. We LOVE eating lunch at Daddy's work and we LOVE Jason's Deli's salad bar. We ate there twice this week. (I said it was a busy week.)
I cooked dinner on Monday night and didn't fully clean the kitchen from that dinner until Friday afternoon. I had cooked since then, but hadn't completely cleaned my kitchen.
Jackson and I raked leaves...the ones we neglected to get this fall...while our sweet girl slumbered in the sunshine. (Originally, I wore her in the Moby wrap but I kept hitting her in the head with the handle of the rake. I need to figure out how to put her on my back, but I think she enjoyed her hammock in the sun.)
Allison has tongue talents. She can rotate her tongue 90 degrees. This is a talent only the girls share. Jason nor Jackson can do it, but it's funny to watch them try.
Jackson looked forward to Friday Family Fun Night all week. We had plans for something, but had to change them at the last minute for reasons I won't mention to preserve Jackson's privacy. Instead, we ate dinner at McAlister's Deli and then got ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. I think it took Jackson ten minutes to choose his ice cream. I enjoy going to do things like this when we aren't in a rush because I like giving him plenty of time to explore the options and then make his decision. I have to say that after eating our ice cream, Jason and I realized that we aren't missing out by not going there often. We prefer Breyer's ice cream that we have at home. After we got home, we played Bible Memory and Bible Go Fish - two card games that Michelle gave Jackson whenever we were in Colorado over Christmas. It was so much fun playing card games with him! We all went to bed at 9:30!!!! I could not believe it. Allison and I didn't wake up until 7:15 this morning and Jason and Jackson slept until 8:40! It was wonderful!
We'd like to continue trimming trees today but the weather didn't coordinate with us before deciding to snow. I'm looking forward to lots of indoor fun instead. Perhaps we'll brave the outdoors after the wind slows down.
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment