Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Between Friends

Do you have Just Between Friends in your area? It's a huge children's and maternity consignment sale. You should totally check it out! My friend and neighbor, Lindsey, gave me a Friend Pass and I went tonight. It was great!!

I was nervous before I went because I am not one of those girls who's good at finding deals on the sale rack. I am a terrible shopper. I take such a LONG time because I make decisions at a turtle's pace. The thought of all of those clothes sounded so overwhelming, but I wanted the good prices, especially on dresses for Allison.

When I got there, it was much more relaxed than what I had imagined. For some reason, I had pictured booths in my mind. I thought that I'd be visiting tons of different booths looking at clothes. I didn't realize that all of the girls clothes sized 6-9 months would be in the same area and that all of the boys size 4T would be in the same area. It made it so easy. I took a laundry basket with me and filled it overflowing...but not with clothes. I came home with few articles of clothing and instead a basket full of games and puzzles plus a few toys for Allison! I kept thinking of all of the fun we'd have and all of the learning that would take place while playing these games. I'm so excited to get them out tomorrow morning! In fact, I did give Jackson a few things when I got home - he was so excited to see what surprises I found - and he has them stacked at the end of our bed ready for use as soon as he wakes up. Isn't that great!

I do plan to go back tomorrow for clothes for Allison. There are SO MANY clothes for girls but not nearly as many for the boys {and the deals aren't as great on the boys clothes}. The line to pay was so long that I had to put my stuff on hold, leave, get Allison, and take her back with me so that I could nurse her while I waited in line. You weren't supposed to bring children, but I was gone way too long and had to feed her. I would have left her at home, but I had to rush back and get in the door before they closed. I waited in line for 1.5 hours to pay! But it wasn't too bad because I met some really nice women, held my baby girl, and was blessed be standing next to a vendor selling beautiful bows/flowers for girls' hair. Impulse buy? Perhaps. But she does need bows!

My little tongue twister:

Is this not impressive?!


Intense excitement:

I got three flowers, three headbands {both buy two get one free}, and one hat. The hardest part was not getting one in every color!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter is adorable. I love the hat. I need to go with you when I come to Oklahoma. How fun for me to be turned loose in a room full of grandchildren things....