Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Amy AKA Railroad Track Repairwoman,

Since you have tons of time on your hands and really enjoy railway building in your spare time, I probably shouldn't share this with you. But, on the chance that you'd like to move on to other things, I'll share possible solution #1 to putting an end to railway destruction in your family room.

Enter Suretrack Clips:

Slide the clip onto a rail piece:

Connect that rail piece to another rail piece:

And slide the clip so that it's in the middle of the rail connection:

It's that easy!

It even works pretty well at junctions:

But isn't designed for spaces like these:

The track can still be lifted {and it will still slide}:

But it won't fall apart {I should have moved that clip on the left over to the left some more...I did this in all of my spare time:) }:

The clips don't interfere with the trains moving smoothly across the tracks:

It's a possibility that with these clips, your train table could look like this for more than five minutes:

However, I can't guarantee that a small hand {say the size of a one-year-old} won't grab the track and pull the entire thing off the table. For that problem, I can only recommend nails or glue. I hope this solves your problem. If not, resort to glue or take joy in the fact that you may have a career in railway construction some day!

At your service,
Missing You in Montgomery

P.S. The clips are working great at my house! The thrill of taking each rail piece off and throwing it to the floor or chewing on it is gone. {I do have a girl though. Perhaps she doesn't share the same level of intensity as your little man?!} Now, we just enjoy train stealing! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Book Worm said...

Lovely. I will have to get some for sure. Beautiful blog by the way! I like the new layout. I've been reading it through my rss feed on my email so I haven't gotten to see the real deal in a while. Very nice. Great pictures. Thanks for your hard work! Amazon, here I come.