Last Tuesday was a rough day. I remember wanting to post this picture with the comment, "Nothing good happened today but this..."
But this? Two children who are happy and loving to one another is much more deserving than a "but this" kind of statement. Jackson and Allison are playing together more and more each day and really enjoying each other. I wish you could see the hugs Alli gives to Jackson. They are precious! He, of course, is very loving to her, but too many hugs can get on her nerves quickly. {Do not ask me why my toddler insisted upon wearing a long sleeve shirt with an undershirt in 100 degree weather!!! I am tired of arguing with him about this kind of stuff. I say, if he wants to wear it and be blazing hot, then let him go ahead and do it!}
I think it is a possibility that Jackson is outgrowing his naps. He still needs them, but maybe not every day. Last week, he assured Jason {who was home for the day while I went to his school for a spouse orientation} that he was not tired. Jason let him have one toy on the bed to play with. I went in to check on him and this is how I found him:
He wasn't tired at all!
One thing I am really enjoying about having Allison a little older is that it makes it easier to get out and do things that we can all have fun with. While we are in Montgomery, I want to get out and explore this part of the country. I love going places and visiting the sites of new areas. I love getting my children out and allowing them to experience different cultures and ways of life. I think they learn so much this way. I've been filling my calendar with lots of activities so that the months don't roll by before we ever do something. I need to make plans in order to see the things we hope to see while we are here.
This morning, we visited Montgomery's Riverfront. They have a fountain area called the Splash Pad. I put the kids in swimsuits and we headed downtown to have fun.
Jackson rode his scooter all over the place. He loves scooters...both 2- and 3-wheeled. Here he is in front of the river:
My back was to the train station while taking that photo of him. Here is what he was looking at:
Trains and boats! A boys dream! This is a boat that does dinner river cruises. I would love to do that with Jason some time.
Allison loves to stroll. She was happy and content:
Here's a quick shot of the river just below the Splash Pad area:
The Splash Pad was a blast. I didn't bring my swimsuit, but it didn't stop me from running through the fountains with them. I was soaked from head to toe! I took a few pictures of them but put the camera away to enjoy my kids!

I thought she'd found a playmate, but it didn't last long. He took her ball and she was off to explore other things:




















3 comments:
Looks like a fun day! We love us some splash pads! :)
These pictures are so good. I love the one of Jackson holding Allison's hand while they walk toward the water. What a fun place. Them riding in Lightning is so cute. What a fun place.....love you
Glad you all are having fun on your new adventure! And also glad to know that my boy isn't the only one dressed from head to toes in layers in the heat of the summer :)
Post a Comment