Sunday, August 15, 2010

3 Decades of Meredith

I haven't made any birthday posts for family this year because I wasn't able to post for the first birthday that occurred and wanted to keep it fair; however, this post must be made because it is very special.

My little sister turns 30 years old today!!!

30! I can't believe it. I remember when we thought 30 was so old and now were are both in our 30's. I wish every girl had a sister like Meredith. If I was more organized, I would have pictures of her entire life to share on my blog. I wish I would have thought of that months ago, but I didn't. Instead, to celebrate her, I'm going to share 30 things that I love about her.
  1. She is so loyal. She's the momma bear you always want to have on your team.
  2. She is honest. If I need to know the real truth about something, she'll tell me...even when it hurts a little.
  3. This girl can dance! If you saw her moves on the dance floor, you wouldn't think we came from the same bloodline. She's got moves and her rump can bump.
  4. She loves the Lord so much and tries to live for Him daily.
  5. She knows every song you can think of and its artist. She also has mad skills at deciphering lyrics.
  6. She's considerate and she's sensitive to the situations of others.
  7. She's a great sounding board. She isn't judgmental and she helps me see the big picture. She's levelheaded.
  8. She's a workhorse when it comes to carrying bags and bottles of water when vacationing...especially in Europe!!
  9. She is deeply devoted to her outdoorsman, Ryan Collins Sauer, and she'll do whatever it takes to serve him...camping trips, fishing trips, meat and potatos meals, etc.
  10. She has her handgun license! Bet you didn't know that!
  11. She'll pluck any hairs that make me look like I have the slightest hint of a unibrow.
  12. She worries less about what people think and more about pleasing the Lord and fulfilling His purposes in her life.
  13. She's a super fantastic Momma! She loves her baby girl like she has never loved before.
  14. She'll run errands with no make-up on.
  15. She is the best road trip buddy! There is no end to her singing and car dancing.
  16. Her favorite color is orange.
  17. She has had tons of different haircuts. She is so brave and courageous when it comes to trying new styles.
  18. Move over. Here comes the driver. This girl loves to be behind the wheel!
  19. She's passionate about natural childbirth.
  20. Puppy dog eyes...they are the best!
  21. She has no debt and is iron-fisted when it comes to paying cash for everything!!
  22. We are like-minded in so many ways and it is a joy to share life with someone who understands me.
  23. She knows sports better than many men and she's a great athlete.
  24. She's a great servant. She'll do whatever it takes to help you out.
  25. She's committed to breastfeeding and cloth diapering.
  26. She keeps an orderly home - she even did in high school and split our room in half...the messy side (guess who?!) and the clean side.
  27. She'll mow the lawn 9 months pregnant to help her man and get some exercise.
  28. She values people above possessions. And I'm not just saying that. It is the total truth when it comes to this girl.
  29. During her soccer days, she was called, "The Wall!" She's a great last line of defense.
  30. She's "My Mer" and my dad's "My Meredith!"

Shouldn't every girl have a sister like her?!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

Mer is awesome! But don't sell yourself short, Adrienne. You are both fabulous, Godly women who have blessed my life!

Katie

Benita said...

That is our Meredith. She is all of those things and more. She was absolutely the happiest baby ever and that has continued into adulthood. She is loyal and will stand firm for those she loves. She is passionate about her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Meredith, it is an honor and privilege to be your mother.

If I could have handpicked my 4 children, there is no way that I could have done better. The Lord has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams with a wonderful husband and children.

The Sauer Family said...

Ace - THANK YOU! That was such a huge blessing to my heart. I miss you so much! I love you even more. We'll talk soon.